KEY BRITISH ACHIEVEMENTS FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF HAIFA
- In 2018, the University of Haifa UK raised over $500,000 for the International Holocaust Research Institute at the University.
- The refurbishment of the Wild Cereal Gene Bank lab facilities was majorly funded by a private British donor in 2017, alongside the Israeli Science Foundation.
- Dr Gyongyver Kadas, a specialist in urban biodiversity, founded the Kadas Green Roofs Ecology Research Centre in 2012. She along with husband Peter Kadas received an honorary doctorate for this initiative which is thriving and may be copied on other municipal buildings.
- In 2008 Sir Maurice Hatter and Lady Irene Hatter built the Hatter Student Building, giving students a superb home for studying and socialising.
- Lord Anthony Jacobs established the Management Building with the vision of promoting successful entrepreneurship in Israel and supported the excavation of the ancient shipwreck at Ma’agan Michael.
- Helena Markson (1934-2012), a renowned British Artist and Printmaker co-founded the Art Department at the University of Haifa in the 1970s. Her beautiful prints are now in collections across the world.
- Professor Sir Walter Bodmer, a British Trustee, was a key figure in founding the Institute of Evolution which has been hailed a national treasure for the North of Israel and the State.
- Over several decades continuous support towards student scholarships has been provided by many British Trusts and Foundations.