KEY BRITISH ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2018 – University of Haifa UK raises over $500,000 for the International Holocaust Research Institute at the University.
- 2017 – The Kadas – Isaacs Endowment Fund for Mediterranean Sea Research is set up.
- 2017 – The Wild Cereal Gene Bank lab facilities are refurbished, majorly thanks to a private British donor.
- 2012 – Dr Gyongyver Kadas, a specialist in urban biodiversity, founds the Kadas Green Roofs Ecology Research Centre. Her and her husband Peter Kadas received an honorary doctorate for this initiative.
- 2012 – The Gerald Ronson Science Pavilion is established, bringing back scientists who had left Israel to further their studies abroad in fields ranging from cancer research to anti-ageing therapy.
- 2008 – Sir Maurice Hatter and Lady Irene Hatter build the Hatter Student Building, giving students a superb home for studying and socialising.
- 2004 – The Management Building is dedicated to Lord Anthony Jacobs who envision successful entrepreneurship in Israel and supported the excavation of the ancient shipwreck at Ma’agan Michael.
- 1970s – Helena Markson, a renowned British Artist co-founds the Art Department at the University. Her beautiful prints are now in collections across the world.
- 1990s – Professor Sir Walter Bodmer, a University of Haifa UK Trustee, becomes a founding member of the University’s Institute of Evolution which has been hailed a national treasure.
- Over several decades continuous support has been received for student scholarships, by many British Trusts and Foundations.